Since 2011 Gentera monitors its environmental performance and establishes medium and long-term actions in coherence with the environmental commitments consolidated in the ESG Policy, aimed to:
• Minimize the impacts to the environment derived from our operations using materials and processes with less environmental impact
• Monitor the consumption of resources, such as electricity and gasoline to identify opportunities for improvement
• Comply with current environmental regulations applicable by reason of the sector to which we belong
• Promote environmental culture in caring for the environment by training, involving and sensitizing employees, customers and the community in general
GHG emissions inventory
For eight years we have been calculating Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions from our operations in order to evaluate the behavior of gasoline and electricity consumption to define actions that allow us to improve our performance. It is prepared in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol guidelines of the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
Gentera has a risk map on the localities most vulnerable to hydrometeorological changes in Mexico. It has financial provisions and contingency plans to serve its employees, customers and the communities that will be affected by hurricanes and floods. In this way, it prepares to face the socioeconomic consequences that derive from these phenomena.
Actions for the environment
• The building that houses the headquarters of the company has the LEED Silver certification for its location characteristics, quality of the interior environment, energy savings, efficiency in the use of water and waste management
• We monitor the consumption of resources such as electricity and gasoline, we give correct treatment to the waste generated through its measurement, separation, recycling, destruction or correct disposal
• We encourage our employees to participate in actions to care for the environment, volunteering, managed by Fundación Compartamos, has among its lines of intervention caring for the environment